Customers who purchased this item also purchased
Allstar Strawberry plants
- USDA HARDINESS ZONE: Zone 3 - 9
- TYPE: Day neutral, June bearing
- GROWS BEST IN: Full sun. Prefers well drained soil.
- FRUIT: large, sweet and juicy berries
- USE FOR: Fresh eating, jams and jellies
- PESTICIDE-FREE: We grow all our plants using sustainable, pesticide-free methods
- SHIPPED AS: Well rooted plant in 4" container
Allstar Strawberry plants, Fragaria 'Allstar', are a June-bearing variety that produces consistently large, light colored strawberries year after year. Allstar is very disease resistant and extremely hardy. Allstar strawberry plants bear in late midseason and produce large, sweet and juicy berries. Frost resistant. Excellent flavor with fruit that is big, firm, sweet, extra juicy and red.
HOW TO GROW STRAWBERRIES:
- A healthy strawberry patch requires at least six hours of sunlight per day. Strawberries are perennial, winter hardy, and will thrive in full sunshine, as long as the soil is fertile and well drained.
- Good draining soil is required for optimal strawberry production.
- Fertilize with an organic fertilizers such as Down To Earth All Purpose fertilizer or Maxi-crop liquid fertilizer.
- Keep your plants well watered until they are established (but don't overdo) and up to fruiting time.
- Strawberries can also be planted in tubs, containers and hanging baskets.
- Tip: Pinch off blooms for first two months on ever-bearing strawberries to promote larger harvest.
- When making a strawberry bed in an established garden, be sure to locate it away from any spot where you have grown peppers, tomatoes, eggplant or potatoes. These plants can harbor verticillium wilt, which is devastating to strawberries.
In addition to being low in fat and calories, strawberries are naturally high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants, making them a sweet choice that advances heart health and can assist in reducing the risk of certain types of cancer.
FOR YOUR SECURITY WE NEVER SEE OR STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. YOUR CARD WILL BE CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER.